Morphogenesis - Priestessing on the edge of chaos: The Borderline Personality
Morphogenesis from the Greek morphe, form and genesis, coming into being
| The Borderline Personality|
| 1 Mar 2004 @ 21:32, by Letecia Layson|
Friends in the canyon thought I might be interested in reading "I Hate you - Don't Leave Me" According to the book there are eight criteria for BPD, five must be present for a diagnosis:
1) Unstable and intense interpersonal relationships
2) Impulsiveness in potentially self-damaging behaviors, such as substance abuse, sex, shoplifting, reckless driving, binge eating.
3) Severe mood swings.
4) Frequent and inappropriate displays of anger.
5) Recurrent suicidal threats or gestures, or self-mutilating behaviors.
6) Lack of clear sense of identity.
7) Chronic feelings of emptiness or boredom.
8) Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.
It's a quick read with plenty of good information. You can read more about BPD at BPD Sanctuary, The Borderline Personality Disorder Research Foundation or BPD Central
Hmmm...know anyone like this?
Other entries in Health/Healing
19 Sep 2007 @ 10:40: THE FUTURE OF DRINKING WATER
9 Jun 2004 @ 19:48: Speaking of Famous People
6 Mar 2004 @ 11:50: A Tribute to Health and Healing
25 Nov 2003 @ 23:04: LOVE 'AS ADDICTIVE AS COCAINE'
25 Nov 2003 @ 11:47: CAN TEFLON MAKE YOU SICK?
20 Nov 2003 @ 08:59: Meaning is what heals us
13 Nov 2003 @ 23:59: GOING FOR A PINT COULD BE GOOD FOR THE MIND
27 Oct 2003 @ 07:27: BROKEN HEARTS ARE AS PAINFUL AS BROKEN BONES: STUDY ANI
30 Sep 2003 @ 13:02: Narcissism and PMS
4 Sep 2003 @ 21:04: DARK CHOCOLATE BOOSTS ANTIOXIDANT LEVELS
Link to this article as: http://morphogenesis.info/newslog2.php/_v144/__show_article/_a.htm